LOCATION: LAVAL, QC, CANADA | TEAM: ENGINEERING| ROLE TYPE: FULL-TIME
IONODES was founded over 10 years ago on the desire to provide innovative video technology to our customers, empowering them to better secure their worlds, from people to facilities.
Our mission is simple: to create a world where video technology is used for more than just traditional recording purposes; we believe that by providing cutting edge video processing, analytics and streaming technologies, we can help our customers gain insight into metrics surrounding physical security and general business intelligence, allowing them to take better decisions.
Many of the world’s top providers of surveillance products and solutions trust IONODES’ line of IP video solutions, in areas such as border surveillance, campus security, drone and unmanned vehicle surveillance systems, law enforcement, school safety and many others.
We are looking for motivated hardware designers or engineers to join our core team in Laval, Quebec, Canada. You will solve challenging technical problems, own your projects end-to-end and help take our IP video platforms to the next level. This isn’t just an opportunity to join an amazing team, but also to have an impactful role in the way we take our products to the next stage.
We’ve got a culture focused on innovation, kindness, continual learning, and feedback… and our people love it. Come find out why!
As a hardware designer / engineer in the embedded products team, you will participate in the design, development and validation of hardware modules and platforms focused around IP video capture, compression, processing, streaming and analysis. Your work will enable some of the world’s most advanced surveillance systems to leading private and government organizations around the world.
More specifically, you will:
- Design and develop great hardware platforms which are scalable and robust and then keep them humming. Drive the technical roadmap and definition and help the team prioritize and plan.
- Partner closely with company-wide teams to ensure the highest levels of quality.
- Identify gaps in knowledge, tools, and processes and work to address them.
- Incorporate the best development practices and habits.
- Work with like minded engineers in an agile environment with demo days, design reviews and research spikes.
- Own the relationship with electronic / mechanical design partners and sub-contractors.
- Become a go-to person for a part or whole of any given system or platform.
- Assist our sales team as a voice of IONODES Engineering in customer communications.
- Analyze product requirements and create a detailed hardware architecture and formal structured design.
- Perform hardware design of printed circuit boards (schematics involving components such as a processor, FPGAs and other complex components with high-speed interfaces).
- Research and qualify new electronic components.
- Prepare systems for environmental chamber tests, electromagnetic compliance and electrical safety tests.
- Interact with the different development teams to assure proper cohesion between the various electrical, mechanical and software aspects of the products.
- Prepare material costs and timing estimates, reports and design descriptions for electronic systems and equipment.
- Perform electronic circuit analysis and traceability from base requirements to formal design and implementation.
- Debug and troubleshoot hardware circuits.
- Work with product development teams – product/systems and/or Software Engineers and engineering support in a leadership role.
- Manage product design evolutions via ECO and other related processes.
- 3+ years of analog and digital experience in circuit design and analysis.
- 3+ years of experience in design of high speed circuits on embedded platforms (ARM, DSP, FPGA).
- Specific experience in design of video based embedded systems including video sensor interface, video capture, video encoding, video decoding and video processing.
- Strong listening and communications skills.
- Demonstrate strong hardware design fundamentals.
- Agile process experience, ability to work in fast-paced and distributed teams.
- Ability to manage and deliver a dynamic set of objectives within time and quality targets.
- BS/MS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience with tools such as Altium Designer, Orcad and DxDesigner.
- Experience with software tools and functions allowing for basic board bring-up & testing.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Tools advanced features (Word, Project, Access and Excel).
- ARM, DSP, FPGA, SoC
- Image Sensors such as SONY IMX Series
- GPS, WIFI, 4G Radio
- LVDS, BT.656, MIPI, HD-SDI, HDMI, YUV
- I2C, SPI, RS232, RS485, RS422, CAN
Please send your CV to: email@example.com