LOCATION: LAVAL, QC, CANADA | TEAM: SOFTWARE ENGINEERING | ROLE TYPE: FULL-TIME
IONODES was founded over 10 years ago on the desire to provide innovative video technology to our customers, empowering them to better secure their worlds, from people to facilities.
Our mission is simple: to create a world where video technology is used for more than just traditional recording purposes; we believe that by providing cutting edge video processing, analytics and streaming technologies, we can help our customers gain insight into metrics surrounding physical security and general business intelligence, allowing them to take better decisions.
Many of the world’s top providers of surveillance products and solutions trust IONODES’ line of IP video solutions, in areas such as border surveillance, campus security, drone and unmanned vehicle surveillance systems, law enforcement, school safety and many others.
We are looking for motivated software developers or engineers to join our core team in Laval, Quebec, Canada. You will solve challenging technical problems, own your projects end-to-end and help take our IP video platforms to the next level. This isn’t just an opportunity to join an amazing team, but also to have an impactful role in the way we take our products to the next stage.
We’ve got a culture focused on innovation, kindness, continual learning, and feedback… and our people love it. Come find out why!
As a software developer / engineer in the embedded products team, you will participate in the design, development and validation of software modules and hardware platforms focused around IP video capture, compression, processing, streaming and analysis. Your work will enable some of the world’s most advanced surveillance systems to leading private and government organizations around the world.
More specifically, you will:
• Design and develop great software that is scalable and robust and then keep it humming. Drive the technical roadmap and definition and help the team prioritize and plan.
• Partner closely with company-wide teams to ensure the highest levels of quality.
• Identify gaps in knowledge, tools, and processes and work to address them.
• Incorporate the best development practices and habits.
• Work with like minded engineers in an agile environment with demo days, code reviews, bug bashes and research spikes.
• Become a go-to person for a part or whole of any given system or platform.
• Assist our sales team as a voice of IONODES Engineering in customer communications.
• Develop software modules for encoding, decoding, recording and transmission of compressed video streams in real-time using the latest codecs and hardware SoC’s.
• Develop high performance embedded software modules and drivers that target embedded real-time Linux environment.
• Develop interactive user applications that target the Windows environments.
• Develop software interfaces (API / SDK) for integrating IONODES’ products and solutions to leading edge third party video management solutions in the market.
• 3+ years of software development experience in C, C++ and C#.
• 3+ years of experience in developing software modules on embedded platforms (ARM, DSP).
• Strong understanding of the Linux operating system.
• Strong listening and communications skills.
• Experience with building and maintaining APIs.
• Demonstrate strong software engineering fundamentals.
• Agile process experience, ability to work in fast-paced and distributed teams.
• Ability to manage and deliver a dynamic set of objectives within time and quality targets.
• Ability to read and analyze electronic circuit diagrams is preferred.
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred.
• Strong communication skills in French and English
• Linux / Windows 10 IoT
• MJPEG, H.264, H.265
• C, C++, C#, HTML5
• Deep Learning, Motion Detection, ANPR, ALPR, Object Tracking
• TCP / IP, UDP, Multicast, HTTP (s), RTP / RTSP, SNMP
• LVDS, BT.656, MIPI, HD-SDI, HDMI, YUV
• I2C, SPI, RS232, RS485, RS422, CAN
• FPGA, SoC, DSP
Please send your CV to: email@example.com