IONODES was founded more than 10 years ago on the desire to provide innovative video technologies to our customers, enabling them to better secure their universe, ranging from people to physical facilities.
Our mission is simple: to create a world where video technology is used for more than just traditional recording purposes; We believe that by providing cutting edge video processing, analytics, and streaming technologies, we can help our customers better understand the security conditions of their physical environment, enabling them to make better decisions.
We are looking for a software analyst developer-oriented in cloud services development to join our team in Laval, Quebec, Canada. With diversified and stimulating tasks, you will participate in the architecture and development of services and micro-services on a cloud infrastructure with a common focus on management, processing, and video analysis. Your work will enable some of the world’s most advanced surveillance systems to lead private and government organizations around the world.
You will work with the different departments of IONODES to develop the company’s products and solutions. This is not only an opportunity to join a dynamic team but also to play an important role in the way we evolve our products. We have a culture of innovation, trust, continuous learning and feedback… and our people love it. Find out why!
Role and responsibilities
- Participate in the definition of the architecture and technical specifications of cloud services and microservices (Azure).
- Development of software interfaces (REST API / SDK) allowing various customers and/or integrators to develop their solutions using the various cloud services set up by IONODES.
- Development of microservices allowing to manage thousands of customers through a cloud infrastructure.
- Development of microservices allowing to manage and interface with thousands of IoT devices in real time through an IoT cloud infrastructure.
- Development of microservices to interface with existing cloud services.
- Development of microservices to manage media information (video, audio, images, etc).
- Development of microservices to manage financial aspects of a subscription plan.
- Development of microservices to integrate AI and computer vision algorithms using video and telemetry data as a reference.
- Development of tools to facilitate troubleshooting and debugging of the various microservices implemented.
- Set up a CD/CI infrastructure allowing for automation of the testing and delivery processes.
- Define unit tests and/or integration tests and provide support for the integration and validation of modules in products offered by IONODES or by IONODES partners.
- Ensure a high level of quality of the software modules designed and developed.
- Write technical documentation on the company’s products and solutions or maintain existing documentation
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or a related subject.
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing services and microservices on cloud platforms (Azure, AWS or others).
- Experience in developing REST API/SDKs using a cloud architecture.
- Experience in developing an event-driven cloud architecture (Kafka or other event management infrastructure).
- Experience in writing unit / integration tests.
- Experience working in Agile-SCRUM methodology.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple groups towards the completion of a task.
- Autonomy in the tasks to be accomplished.
- Concern for the quality of work performed.
- Ability to comply with time, production, and quality objectives.
- Respect for customers and their requirements.
- Bilingualism (En/Fr)
- Knowledge in development of microservices under a cloud architecture.
- Knowledge in event-driven cloud architecture.
- Knowledge of IoT-based architecture.
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP(s), MQTT, WebSockets).
- Knowledge of IP-based video security systems.
- Knowledge of design techniques such as UML.
- IOT, API/SDK, REST
- Cloud services and microservices (Azure, AWS or others)
- Azure IoT, Azure IoT Hub, Device Twins
- Kafka, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Swagger, OpenAPI
- Deep Learning, Motion Detection, ANPR, ALPR, Object Tracking
- TCP / IP, UDP, Multicast, HTTP (s), MQTT, WebSockets, RTP/RTSP, HLS, RTMP, CDN
- Competitive salary offered on an experience-based level
- Employment in a fast-growing IT space providing you with brilliant career options for years to come
- Flexible working hours from Monday to Friday
- 4 days off during the holiday season
- Time off on your birthday
- Group insurance – Group RRSP – Telemedicine – Health management account
- Social activities – Free beverages and snacks – Free on-site parking
Employment status: Permanent, full-time
Expected start date: A.S.A.P.
In times of pandemic: We protect our employees with a mandatory distancing protocol and by providing masks, visors, gloves and hand sanitizer.
IONODES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities upon request.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com