Junior Embedded Software Developer
LOCATION: LAVAL, CANADA | TEAM: R&D | JOB TYPE: FULL TIME
IONODES was founded over 10 years ago on the desire to provide innovative video technologies to our customers, empowering them to better secure their worlds, from people to facilities.
Our mission is simple: to create a world where video technology is used for more than just traditional recording purposes; we believe that by providing cutting edge video processing, analytics and streaming technologies, we can help our customers gain insight into metrics surrounding physical security and general business intelligence, allowing them to take better decisions.
We are looking for a motivated Embedded Product Developer to join our team in Laval, Quebec, Canada. You will work with the various departments of IONODES to develop the various products and solutions of the company. You will be actively involved in development and validation of software and hardware solutions by IONODES and help bring our IP video platforms to a higher level of quality. This is not only an opportunity to join a dynamic team, but also to play an important role in the way we evolve our products.
We’ve got a culture focused on innovation, kindness, continual learning, and feedback… and our people love it. Come find out why!
As a Developer Analyst Software, you will be involved in the development of new technologies related to encoding, decoding, cloud system, analytics and video storage in static or mobile environments. Your work will enable some of the world’s most advanced surveillance systems to leading private and government organizations around the world.
More precisely, you will:
- Participate in the definition of the architecture and specifications of software modules.
- Develop software modules for encoding, decoding, recording and transmission of compressed video streams in real-time MJPEG / H.264 / H.265.
- Develop software modules and drivers that target embedded real-time Linux environments.
- Develop applications that target Windows environments.
- Develop software interfaces (API / SDK) for integrating IONODES products and solutions to existing video management systems on the market.
- Define unit testing and / or integration testing and provide support and validation of module integration within IONODES’ products and / or within 3rd party products.
- Ensure a high level of quality for designed and developed software modules.
- Write technical documentation on the software modules and solutions or maintain existing documentation.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject.
- 1 year minimum experience in developing drivers and software modules on Linux embedded platforms (ARM, DSP).
- Ability to work with several groups to accomplish a task.
- Autonomy in the tasks.
- Mindful of the quality of work done.
- Ability to comply with objectives of time, production and quality.
- Respect for clients and their requirements.
- Need to speak French.
- Knowledge of operating systems and embedded environments (Linux / Windows Embedded).
- Knowledge of encoding systems and video decoding (MJPEG, H.264 …).
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C, C ++ and C #.
- Extensive knowledge in networking (TCP / IP, UDP, Multicast, HTTP (s), RTP / RTSP …).
- Knowledge of digital video signals (LVDS, BT.656, MIPI, HD-SDI, HDMI, etc.).
- Knowledge of video security systems over IP.
- Knowledge of design techniques such as UML.
- Asset – Knowledge of FPGA module programming languages.
- Asset – Ability to read and analyze electronic circuit diagrams.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org