Secure Displays for a Secure Environment
IONODES Secure Display Stations have been designed to use live video monitoring to promote more secure environments. They can display live video on a variety of digital monitors without the cost, complexity and security risk of a client workstation. This is ideal in public areas and in remote sites or facilities with few or no trained security staff. The ION-R100S and ION-R200 Secure Display Stations can display up to 32 IP video streams, on one or two HD monitors, and can be managed directly through the Genetec™ Security Center interface.
Application: Management of remote displays with Genetec™
Many Genetec™ Security Center deployments have areas in which it is useful to share live video and security information. These areas often share a number of characteristics that make it difficult or ineffective to deploy a full client workstation:
- Staff in the area is not trained or qualified to operate Security Center.
- Backup power is tested regularly leading to regular, brief power loss. This can damage workstations and lead them to get stalled in the reboot process.
- Staff has a number of areas that require live monitoring, such as: Remote gate entrance, high value storage areas, building entrances and exits.
- The video wall is in a public area where a workstation would pose a security risk.
Security Center operators can remotely manage Secure Display Stations (SDS) from the Security Desk application. An SDS can be mounted to the back of a high definition monitor and connected to the secure network. Trained Security Center operators can then control which cameras are displayed on each tile of a display wall layout.
- Site security is enhanced by allowing trained security operators to manage the display of video at the site in real-time using the Security Center VMS platform.
- Security cameras are able to deliver operational value in addition to their security benefits.
- Security Messages and Threat levels can be shared throughout a facility via Secure Display Stations.